Tuesday, February 9, 2016

X-Files Swanky Back In the Day and Now - Featuring [SWANK]: LEGENDAIRE, [RnR]Swag, BluPrintz and Outside the Box

Sometimes I call styling for Second Life 'playing barbie' because it's a little like getting something new for a doll and spending the afternoon dressing your doll in all the new fun things. At other times, I like to take it to the next level and imagine what the doll will do once dressed to the nines, all swanky and ready to killit. 
One place I've noticed a lot of fancy, high end costuming occurs in really good (and really terrible) spy flicks. I'd love to be brilliant and beautiful, licensed to kill, and deviously working with my team to secure details and data that will ultimately save the day... in heels! Last night I was watching this week's new episode of the X-Files. Scully, the quintessential beauty that she is both in the 1993 and in 2016, commented that they used to do the dark AND stairs and she did them in heels! Of course a sexy spy or in her case FBI agent peering into every dark and unusual corner of the world will always have the right look and it almost always includes heels. Sexy with a side order of sexy, of course.
I had to look up [SWANK] to be sure it still meant the same thing in today's lingo as it did the last time I looked in a dictionary. Loads of words have double entendres, hidden meanings or just mean the exact opposite of what they used to mean - back in the day when I did darkness and stairs in heels. Swank still means the same thing - to display one's wealth, knowledge, or achievements in a way that is intended to impress others. Every time I prepare a new look with items from [SWANK], I keep this definition in mind. Today I have on a new dress from [RnR]Swag called Timber. The heels, because of course they must be included! are from LEGENDAIRE, from the Rose Gown set that has a gown and heels included. I put out some of the decor created by some of the [SWANK] designers as well, the hearts on the wall are two different cute 'post it note' displays called C.L. I Love You (yellow) and C.L. Heart (red) made by BluPrintz and the Hippie Shelf and Crate 2 come from Outside the Box.

1 comment:

  1. 'Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.' - Coco Chanel
    You can do girl!

    ReplyDelete